How to Foster Employee Engagement and Create Great Places to Work
It’s easier than you think – no gimmicks required! Here are a few quick tips:
- Ensure managers care about employees as individuals, and communicate in ways that demonstrate this.
- Clearly articulate the why – the meaning and purpose of the organization and work performed.
- Cultivate leadership qualities to enhance capabilities, foster servant leadership, and bring out the best in others.
- Actually, cultivate leadership qualities in all to foster leader-full employees throughout the organization
- Co-create the ‘hows’ – partner with employees to establish best practices, criteria for high levels of performance, and metrics to gauge progress and success.
- Recognize how each employee’s work contributes to the overall mission and purpose of the organization.
- Nurture, acknowledge, and develop employee strengths.
- Ensure transparency, authenticity, trust, and empathy.
- Provide and promote career growth and learning opportunities.
- Foster autonomy, relatedness, and mastery.
- Promote collaboration, connection, belonging, and social support.