“It’s time we work together to redesign an economic system for the 21st century that prioritizes the long term over the short term and the creation of value for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.” Co-founders of the B-Corp Movement.”J ay Coen Gilbert, Andrew Kassoy, and Bart Houlahan.
“People want to buy from, work for, and invest in companies that serve a higher purpose than maximizing profit at any cost to people, communities, and the natural world on which all life depends. People are demanding a new social contract between business and society in which business and the capital markets create long-term value for all stakeholders. People are demanding it, in part, because they’ve seen a credible alternative in the B Corp movement that is leading the transformation from 20th-century shareholder capitalism to 21st-century stakeholder capitalism.” Co-founders of B Lab
Dimensions is proud to be a part of the movement and incredible community!
On August 19th, the Business Roundtable released a Statement on the new Purpose of a Corporation. The Statement was signed by 181 CEOs who in writing committed to lead their companies for the benefit of all stakeholders, not just shareholders, but ALL STAKEHOLDERS – employees, customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders.
What the Roundtable outlined is aligned with the B Corp principles which have been espoused for over a decade. We can hope that the actions of the CEOs match what is summarized on the Statement.
Here are the commitments made and signed by all 181 members of the Business Roundtable. We Commit To:
- Delivering value to our customers. We will further the tradition of American companies leading the way in meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Investing in our employees. This starts with compensating them fairly and providing important benefits. It also includes supporting them through training and education that help develop new skills for a rapidly changing world. We foster diversity and inclusion, dignity and respect.
- Dealing fairly and ethically with our suppliers. We are dedicated to serving as good partners to the other companies, large and small, that help us meet our missions.
- Supporting the communities in which we work. We respect the people in our communities and protect the environment by embracing sustainable practices across our businesses.
- Generating long-term value for shareholders, who provide the capital that allows companies to invest, grow and innovate. We are committed to transparency and effective engagement with shareholders.
Each of our stakeholders is essential. We commit to deliver value to all of them, for the future success of our companies, our communities and our country.
Wow! Perhaps we are turning the corner! Our Commitment