September was Better Breakfast Month, but it’s not too late! There are many ways to celebrate building a better breakfast at your workplace. Here are a few ideas:
- Plan a contest: Ask employees to submit their quick and healthy breakfast meals. You can have a drawing and/or make a breakfast cookbook
- Have employees discuss breakfast ideas during a meeting
- Request and help plan healthier breakfast options at company meetings
- Have a cafeteria? Plan a build your own breakfast day – perhaps one day each week for a month –
- Omelets made from egg whites or tofu scrambles and lots of veggie choices, plus perhaps low fat cheese;
- Berry, greens and yogurt smoothie;
- Yogurt Fruit Parfait;
- Quinoa Fruit Salad;
- Oatmeal with Chia and Flax Seeds, pumpkin, half a fruit;
- Nut Butter, Banana, and Chia Seed Toast,
- Avocado Toast with an Egg …
- Don’t have a cafeteria? Plan build your own breakfast mornings in the breakroom. Organize a group of volunteers (social well-being!). Plan any of the above ideas. You might need electric skillets and hot plates depending on the options selected.
- Send out one breakfast idea each day for a month and ask employees to submit their favorite one.
- Include grab and go breakfast ideas
It’s amazing how little time and effort it takes. Here’s a great list of healthy breakfast ideas. Bon Appetite!